Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Been a depressing and shocking few days

First, let me start off by saying that while all well-wishers and statements of prayer will be well-received, but that I myself am not religious. As such, any attempts to push any religious agenda will be met with silence and the comment will more than likely not be approved. Thank you all for understanding.

Now, onto business.

My cousin died two days ago. He had an aneurysm near his brain stem last Thursday and was admitted to the local hospital ER. They moved him to a palliative care unit where he was put on life support, he had blood on the brain which was creating pressure that could not be relieved due to his age (60+), nor could any surgery be done for that same reason. They removed him from life support on Saturday morning at which point he was breathing on his own, however, he was pronounced dead that same evening around seven.

This has saddened me for many reasons, not simply because he was family or that I had grown up with him in my life. No, I happened to hear from another cousin of mine that he had spoken about changing his eating habits in order to lose weight and exercising more so that he wouldn't be so out of breath while he worked.

That's what makes his death so sad for me, just to know that he was going to change but didn't get the chance to really do it.

His funeral is Friday, so I'll let you all know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts